Find a free theme. Google for free WordPress Themes and take a serious look for the items below.
- Do you like the graphics?
- Are they appropriate for your business or venture?
- Do you like the layout?
- Look at how the posts are displayed. (Notice how posts and sidebar items are nicely separated on this layout as an example.)
- Does the theme have Pages – (pages stay where they are – posts move down the page as new posts are added.)
- If you don’t find one you like are you prepared to pay for customization?
Then consider how you want to use your blog. Some of the ideas below may require a plugin to be installed by your webmaster.
- Do you want to offer email subscriptions so that your posts are emailed automatically to subscribers?
- Do you want to conduct polls and/or surveys?
- Do you want to present information only?
- Include graphics displayed in gallery or slideshow format?
- Video clips?
- Do you want to personalize your blog with custom fields such as ‘today’s mood’; currently reading; listening to; etc.
Blogs are a good way to create interactivity with your customers and clients. Engaging them in answering questions in a poll or survey, or encouraging comments, starts a two way conversation. Contact your webmaster now to get your blog.